Territory Sales Representative
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2022
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.PostingJob
The account manager prospects, qualifies, and closes new customers
by selling propane solutions within a specific geographic
assignment. Retains business from secured commercial accounts.
Meets and exceeds sales goals defined by Total Sales Profit.
Assists local operations management in coaching our field personnel
on how to grow our business.Key Characteristics:
- Ability to establish and develop both internal and external
relationships, present sales proposals and build client
- Entrepreneurial mindset to maximize business growth from
- Understands AmeriGas business and is an expert on products,
business segments and selling process.Duties and
Increase revenue from new and existing customers.
- Establishes strong relationships with prospective customers
through the use of various prospecting and business development
- Develop and execute a sales plan for their specific geographic
area in order to maintain a high level of effective sales call
activity and increase productivity.
- Networks with decision-makers in targeted client organizations
to lead them to the AmeriGas solution.
- Makes the appropriate time commitment to build the internal and
external client relationships both during normal work hours and
- Protects AmeriGas from competitive threats, maintaining and
sharing excellent competitive intelligence.
- Prepares and presents sales proposals to current and
prospective customers.An "expert" on products and solutions and is
current on regulatory changes.
- Works with area sales manager and vendors to improve ability to
use sales tools and sales techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of applications and customer
- Attends periodic meetings and training classes as
- Prepares complete and accurate paperwork based on corporate
policy and procedures
- Reviews commission statements and ensures commission is paid
- Is proficient in the regular use of the CRM tool for new
- Other duties as assignedKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have all sales skills necessary to independently prospect
assigned geographic territory, probe to discover needs, present
solutions, and secure new business.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of productivity through
careful time management across assigned territory.
- Must have complete understanding of propane products and
- Valid Driver's license with the ability to travel within the
local area, including customer visits, district visits, and trade
showsEducation and Experience Required:
- High school education or equivalent required. College degree
- 3 years sales experience required with a demonstrated record of
sales success and goal attainment
- Commercial / industrial sales experience preferred
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class
in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who
are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Fall River , Territory Sales Representative, Sales , Assonet, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!