Location: Fall River
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job Title: Production Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Professional, Exempt
Work Location: Fall River, MA
Work Hours: General: 8:30AM - 5:00 PM (may vary based on business
Reports To: Manager, Manufacturing
InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is searching for experienced
candidates for the position of Production Supervisor. This person
will manage the production staff and oversee the production
The Production Supervisor ensures compliance with cGMP's, InvaGen
Pharmaceutical's policies, standard operating procedures, and FDA
requirements. The incumbent will serve as a key resource for
conducting product complaints, supports packaging, packaging
components within approved procedures and regulatory requirements.
This position reports to the Site Lead/Operations Manager at
InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Fall River, MA.
The job duties for this position include but are not limited to the
- Schedule the production process, including setting specific
targets for phases of production.
- Delegate responsibilities for production to team members and
creating team leadership positions to oversee groups of
- Manage performance and train assigned employees using Company
systems, procedures, policies, practices, and other tools to meet
established performance standards, productivity targets, and
overall business requirements.
- Conduct performance assessments and compiling reports on the
production process to identify areas where efficiency can be
- Perform raw material and component review to ensure correct
quantities, labeling and visual appearance.
- Perform weight checks for incoming and dispensed materials
ensuring compliance with established procedures. Operates scales
including set-up, verification, leveling and challenging.
- Follow Master Batch Records for the packaging of MDIs dosage
forms when required.
- Identify defects and report quality issues.
- Set up, operate, and clean in compliance with batch records and
SOPs, packaging equipment.
- Clean and sanitize packaging equipment per SOPs.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation. Follow good
documentation practices in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform in-process testing and inspections as required by
Master Batch Record (weighing, visual inspection etc.).
- Effectively performs activities and applies knowledge in
accordance with approved SOPs, company policies, regulatory
requirements, schedules and provides technical expertise and
direction to colleagues.
- Actively participate in Production team and Site communication
- Support GMP investigations and events.
- Contribute to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) writing in
- Understand and operates all necessary equipment and
instrumentation to perform activities.
- Maintains documentation in accordance with internal procedures
and regulatory requirements (i.e., GMP, SOPs etc.).
- Interfaces with appropriate Warehousing, Planning, Operations
and Quality management to implement the procedural requirements as
outlined and within internal operating procedures.
- Performs activities for manufacturing (i.e., batch record
review, packaging line clearances and manufacturing room
clearances, deviations, etc.).
- Comprehend and adhere to all pertinent EHS regulations,
policies and procedures and the required use of all approved and
issued Personal Protective Equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with documentation and
accountability procedures and policies, maintaining high alert to
- Demonstrate a level of consciousness to safety and health
related activities as evident by the daily application of
requirements specific to job function; recognize safety and health
related issues and report to management.
- Independently searches, gathers, and presents information to
support compliance with regulations and internal systems.
- Ensure and compliance with safety, quality, productivity, and
performance expectations and execution of manufacturing and
- Follow strict internal protocols and Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) as well as following current Good Manufacturing
Practices (cGMP), complying with legal regulations, monitoring
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical engineering, Pharmaceutical
Sciences or related field of study from an accredited
- Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical
Sciences, or related field of study from an accredited
- One (1) to three (3) years of direct work experience in
Technical Knowledge and Computer Systems Skills
- Understanding of machines used in pharmaceutical
- Capable of conducting troubleshooting, investigations and root
cause identification and analysis.
- Capable of handling and participating in compliance and
regulatory audits at the local and federal levels.
- 3+ years' experience in a pharmaceutical setting
- General ability to perform basic to complex mathematical
computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division. Understanding of the Metric System of
- Experience using SAP business system and applications is a
- Experience in Inhalation products (MDI) is a plus.
- Packaging with serialization preferred.
Professional and Behavioral Competencies
- Proficiently speak English as a first or second
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and good
documentation practices preferred.
- A strong understanding of work discipline, Chain of Command and
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and
- High standards in Safety, Environmental, and
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced
manufacturing environment and handle multiple tasks
- Basic computer skills (Word and Excel) - Intermediate
- Good basic math knowledge and excellent attention to
Work Schedule and Other Position Information:
- Must be willing to work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift ranging
from first, second, or third shift. Work schedule may be Monday to
Friday, Tuesday to Saturday, or some combination thereof based on
- Must be willing to work some weekends based on business needs
as required by management.
- Relocation negotiable.
- No remote work available.
Cipla is a leading global pharmaceutical company, dedicated to
high-quality, branded and generic medicines. We are trusted by
healthcare professionals and patients across geographies. Over the
last eight decades, we have strengthened our leadership in India's
pharmaceutical industry and fortified our promise of strengthening
our global focus by consolidating and deepening our presence in the
key markets of India, South Africa, the U.S., and other economies
of the emerging world.
Cipla employs handpicked professionals not just for their knowledge
and experience but for their zeal to make a difference to the world
of healthcare. The company believes that our biggest assets are the
employees, who lead us to prosperity and growth in the future.
Driven by the vision, none shall be denied, Cipla's focus has
always been on making affordable, world-class medicines with a
reputation for uncompromising quality standards across the
CIPLA NEW YORK (INVAGEN PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.)
About InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, a Cipla subsidiary InvaGen
Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture,
marketing, and distribution of generic prescription medicines with
focus on a range of therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular,
anti-infective, CNS, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and
anti-depressants. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in
Central Islip and Hauppauge, New York. As of February 18, 2016,
InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Cipla
Cipla is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected
Keywords: Cipla, Fall River , Production Supervisor, Professions , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!