Endoscopy (GI) Technician
Company: Ocean State Endoscopy Center
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Surgery Partners is an industry leader in managing, developing
and acquiring single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgical
centers. Through our portfolio of companies, Surgery Partners is
committed to providing the healthcare industry with a wide breadth
of innovative solutions that improve care, costs, outcomes and
access. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our
patients, physicians and employees through efficient and
compassionate healthcare. Whether working within our surgery
centers, pain practices, physician practices, optical services,
laboratories or marketing and support businesses, we seek dynamic
and hard-working employees who take a lead in maximizing their
strengths to support our business objectives. An Endoscopy
Technician performs technical responsibilities relative to
treatment and care of the Endoscopy patient with the
instrumentation utilized in that treatment. Monitors PAR levels of
all instrumentation and supplies. The Endoscopy Technician
prepares, assembles, and organizes the work environment, equipment
and supplies necessary to perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic
procedures. Participates in staff meetings and performance
improvement activities. Works under the direction and supervision
of a Registered Nurse. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization. Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary
to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in the
Center. Must demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth
and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess
data reflective of the patient=s requirements relative to his/her
age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in
the Center=s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the use and handling of instruments, endoscopic
equipment; scope cleaning machines and sterilizer, standard
precautions and terminal cleaning of surgical instruments and scope
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific technical surgical
- Functions within the position description and within the scope
of employee/patient relationship.
- Participates in opportunities of continuing education.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal
relationships with patients, co workers, and other health team
members. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of approved Operating Room Technical School with
certification preferred, or one (1) year of on the job experience
in an endoscopy setting REQUIRED LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
- No license required, participation in AORT encouraged
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification Our employees
are critical to our success and we value their contributions.
Surgery Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package and an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an
environment that values employee ideas and diversity. Equal
Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and require
pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: Ocean State Endoscopy Center, Fall River , Endoscopy (GI) Technician, Professions , Bristol, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!