Emergency Medical Services Dispatcher
Company: ALERT AMBULANCE SERVICE INC
Location: Fall River
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Fall River Base - Fall River, MA
$21.00 - $26.00 Hourly
- The primary function of the Communications Dispatcher is to
dispatch the most appropriate units to both emergent and
non-emergent calls in accordance with company policy and
- Assists in handling the overflow of calls coming into the
Communications Department in a professional and courteous manner
while adhering to company policy and procedure.
- The duties of the Communications Dispatcher include, but are
not necessarily limited to the following:
- Operate a Computer Aided Dispatch System (Right Cad)
- Answer incoming calls and extract necessary information from
the caller in a timely manner.
- Evaluate incoming calls to determine nature and urgency of the
- Dispatch appropriate vehicles and update crews with all
- Use GPS to keep track and status of vehicles and assist with
- Record all call offs on to the Late/Sick Log and notify the
appropriate Supervisor on Duty.
- Communicates with Supervisor on Duty with any vehicle or crew
- Updates Facilities with a phone call if there is a delay and
documents call appropriately.
- Places notes on calls as required by company policy and
- Log Missed Calls according to company policy and
- The primary functional requirements include:
- General knowledge of the service area to be dispatched.
- Ensure and enforce company policies pertaining to dispatching
of the company's fleet.
- Effective intrapersonal communications skills and ability to
utilize those skills on a daily basis.
- Must be able to pass EMD course in a timely manner.
- Learn policies and procedures of Alert Ambulance Inc. and
adhere to them in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain a current CPR certification.
- Remain calm and effective under heavy workloads and emergent
- Ability to determine and prioritize calls in a timely
Keywords: ALERT AMBULANCE SERVICE INC, Fall River , Emergency Medical Services Dispatcher, Professions , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...