Quality Technician I
Company: AirBorn Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
SUMMARY: Assists in the implementation of procedures for quality
assurance test and measurement programs. Conducts tests and
inspections of a moderately complex nature.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be
- Assists in devising, revising, and implementing methods and
procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating components and
- Maintains test and measurement equipment in proper
- Verifies specified requirements of samples by using micrometer,
optical components, resistance meters, calipers, scales,
microscopes and other equipment as required.
- Assists with qualification and testing programs by performing
functional testing as directed by applicable specifications.
- Performs statistical analysis to assess costs, disposition, and
propose corrective actions for non-conforming materials.
- Updates and distributes results of the quality reporting
- Maintains records concerning the processing of customer returns
and corrective action correspondence.
- Trains and provides assistance to product inspectors.
- Performs special testing functions.
- Applies and maintains quality standards by use of internal
facility audits.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Requires knowledge
typically acquired through:
- Completion of a High school diploma or general education degree
- One to three years of related experience or training; and/or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
blue prints, wiring diagrams, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.QUALIFICATIONS To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls,
and reach with arms and hands. The employee may be required to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus.Individuals performing incoming and final inspection
must meet minimum standards in at least one eye, corrected or
uncorrected, of average or normal on a one time only color vision
test and 20/25 on a 12 month near vision test.WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally
exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Equal Opportunity Employer -
Disability/Vet ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or
use of information which is subject to the federal International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this
position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR
defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of
the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted
asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully
admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)
(for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. 1255(a)(1) (an
Keywords: AirBorn Inc., Fall River , Quality Technician I, Professions , Warren, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...