Refrigeration Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Fall River
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Gordon Food Service is looking for the next Refrigeration
Located at 630 John Hancock Rd, Taunton MA 02780
2nd Shift Sunday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am
Our Refrigeration Techs can make anywhere from $24.22 - $38.80/hr.
Additionally you will receive a shift premium & hourly performance
Actual pay will be assessed & based on experience and skill
CIRO & CARO preferred but not required.
Our technicians will also receive an annual boot allowance of
$150.00 & annual tool allowance of $500.00!
Uniforms are provided and cleaned by us.
Weekly Pay! Health, Vision & Dental at 30 days!
401K with up to 4% company match & Profit Sharing!
Performs the daily maintenance and repair of the Gordon Food
Service (GFS) facility refrigeration systems and heating and
- Responsible for the daily operation of GFS' ammonia
refrigeration systems. Monitors all ammonia deliveries and responds
to all ammonia system alarm calls.
- Repair and maintain refrigeration equipment and facility
heating and cooling equipment.
- Complete daily preventive maintenance and reports as tasks are
- Follows through and completes all assigned work
- Conduct tests of safety equipment.
- Inspect refrigeration systems daily to ensure compliance with
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local agencies,
including but not limited to OSHA and EPA.
- Collaborates with Risk Manager to develop written Process
Safety Manual (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RPM)
- Develop ammonia release evacuation plan and conduct training
and evacuations drills.
- Operate and maintain all facility heating and air conditioning
- Troubleshoots electrical problems.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of equipment and equipment
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable
practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature
and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer
relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires excellent attention to detail.
- Works effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written
communications and be able to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Must have extensive knowledge of state, federal, and local
regulations, including OSHA and EPA with experience writing PSM and
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to
include conducting training.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as
proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
geometry and to solve practical and technical problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, verbal, diagram, or schedule formats.
- Required to be available for on-call.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope
and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to
immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells,
alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up,
movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets,
overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated
inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and
similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here: If you require reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due
to a disability, please submit your request to ...@gfs.com and use
the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep
in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require
accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Fall River , Refrigeration Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!