Maintenance Supervisor - Sign On Bonus!
Company: Child and Family
Posted on: September 19, 2022
At Child & Family, we hold two core beliefs. That individuals and
communities thrive when supported by strong families and that a
community works best when it accepts responsibility for all of its
members. These beliefs influence everything we do and have guided
our growth since we first opened our doors in 1866.
To manage maintenance projects and repairs of all Child & Family
Services facilities and property either owned, leased or rented by
Child & Family Services such as vehicles, furniture, and fixtures
within those properties. This position also manages maintenance of
the property, including but not limited to landscaping and cleanup.
This position will supervise assistants and contractors on these
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: 37.5 per week
Supervisory Responsibilities: 1 Maintenance Mechanic
Responsibilities and Duties
* Knowledge of basic carpentry and plumbing techniques.
* Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
* Ability to construct office walls, hang doors, repair sheet rock,
paint and perform other similar task.
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in
the English language.
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the
construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures
such as highways and roads.
* Knowledge of sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, racial, and social
* Knowledge of client confidentiality procedures.
* Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do
a job and when jobs should be outsourced
* Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services,
or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
* Ability to read and understand equipment manuals.
* Ability to research and identify competitive pricing for
facilities related purchases.
* Ability to understand basic budgeting concepts in relation to
facilities operations and work with VP of Finance to prioritize
projects based on need.
* Ability to schedule facilities and maintenance tasks in an
efficient and effective manner
* Ability to read and understand licensing requirements associated
with properties (e.g. fire department, DCYF, etc.)
* Strong computer skills, including ability to use or quickly learn
to use computerized facilities data base, an automated time and
attendance system, email system and cell phone
* Perform repairs to Child & Family Services facilities in
coordination with Maintenance Assistant.
* Complete minor construction projects in accordance with time
* Evaluate needed repairs and projects to determine the best method
for solution (i.e., in house or contract out).
* Ensure that the necessary material for projects is available.
This may be accomplished by the vendor or by pick-up using the
Agency vehicle or a private vehicle.
* Ensure that all work is accomplished in a safe manner. This
includes the safety of the employee as well as others who are using
* Attend all staff meetings, and in-service training as
* Provide information by answering questions, entering and
generating data and completing forms.
* Identify current and future maintenance requirements.
* Ensure production requirements by determining work priorities and
scheduling repair, maintenance, and installations.
* Assist in the implementation and design of the preventative
maintenance program by reviewing production, quality and
maintenance reports, inspecting facilities and equipment and
systems for conformance with operational standards.
* Recommend and resolve maintenance problems by conferring with
* Protect employees and clients by maintaining a safe and clean
* Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as
hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring
instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
Through the implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule,
ensure that routine preventive maintenance is performed in order to
ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems
operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does
* Assist VP of Finance with the budgeting process for C&F
property and equipment.
* Manage the facilities/maintenance scheduling and task assignment
* Ensure that all property and equipment are in compliance with
property and equipment licensing requirements; Accompany all
regulators and inspectors during facility checks/audits.
* Ensure the most competitive pricing for all
facilities/maintenance tasks that are contracted to external
* Supervise Maintenance staff
* Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and
* Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, or
maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment
* Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and
assisting employees and following up on work results.
* All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
* A High School Diploma or equivalent
* Five to ten years of experience managing the facilities function
of a multi-site organization
* Experience with home improvements, painting, building and or
construction type work
* Valid driver's license required
* Ability to be on-call for facility emergencies on a 24/7
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or
controls; reach with hands and arms above and below shoulders;
carry, push and pull; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The
employee must have the ability to drive a vehicle, attend meetings
and appointments in the community (e.g. climb stairs, access front
door, etc.). Performing physical activities that require
considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body,
such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and
handling of materials.
Benefits and Perks
All full-time and part-time employees are considered benefit
eligible, temporary employees are eligible for sick time under RI
* 12 holidays, 2-4 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, and 1 personal day
annually: paid time off is pro-rated for part-time employees
* Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI health insurance: 2 plan options
* Fully funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
* Delta Dental of RI
* VSP vision insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): dependent care and health
* Agency paid for New York Life/Cigna life insurance, accidental
death and dismemberment, and long-term disability
* Supplemental AFLAC insurance: 5 plans available
* 401(k) plan: traditional and Roth deferrals available, with
company contribution after 1 year of service
* Coastline EAP
* Tuition Assistance Program after 6 months of service
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Discounted child care available at Middletown building
* Discounted cell phone discount through Verizon
* Discounted Nationwide Insurance pet insurance
* Discounted YMCA membership
* Discounted BJ's membership
* Potential for housing assistance on Aquidneck Island only
* Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible
* RI DOH license, bilingual, and advanced degree salary
* Shift differential for night shifts
* Direct deposit and employee self services through Paycom
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the
basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, race, creed,
national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status,
political belief, pregnancy, military status, veteran status,
physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of
essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations,
genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, or any other
protected category under local, state or federal law, nor will
anyone receive special treatment for those reasons, except for
reasonable accommodation as required by law. It is our intention
that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
C&F strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation
of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the
qualified and available target group workforce in the community
that we serve.
Keywords: Child and Family, Fall River , Maintenance Supervisor - Sign On Bonus!, Professions , Middletown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!