SHIPPING - SHIPPER/LOAD HAULER
Company: Gold Medal Bakery
Location: Fall River
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Gold Medal Bakery is a fourth-generation family-owned industrial
bakery that operates around the clock to provide fresh-baked goods
to area food stores, restaurants, and institutions in New England
and beyond. Gold Medal prides itself as a team of quality people
who share their reputation and tradition through bread. AtGold
Medal Bakery, we follow three core values in every aspect of our
business: Integrity, Commitment, and Caring. We pride ourselves on
hiring and retaining high-quality people that showcase these core
values in their work every single day. SummaryResponsible for
selecting and moving trayed product from staging area and loading
into trailers the quantities as ordered on the shipping orders.
Verifies count by variety and records as required. Removes damaged
or sub-standard product and sets aside in designated area for
supervision to check. Bar loads per standard procedure.Essential
TasksResponsible for following all safety programs and
- Maintains a high state of safety awareness:
- Follows all rack handling and dock plate procedures.
- Observes proper lifting technique.
- Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways.
- Is alert to movement of materials, condition of walking surface
and other people in order to prevent possible collision or
- Keeps hands, body and clothing clear of moving machinery.
- Is at all times cognizant of personal and food safety. If any
problem (or potential problem) arises, elevates to Supervisor
immediately or in a timely fashion, depending on severity of
- Selects, counts, and moves trayed product from staging area and
loads into trailers the quantities as required per the shipping
orders. Utilizes and navigates through a computerized handheld
device to verify accuracy of product on the orders. Verifies count
by variety and records as required.
- Visually checks product for correct volume, color, topping,
split, bag, price, coding, tray count, stickers and any obvious
damage. Reports any discrepancies to supervision.
- Properly loads products in staging area onto the trailers.
- Writes in product when placed in trailers, signs verification
sheet and records information on necessary shipping documents.
- Removes damaged trays and dollies from use and places in
designated area for repair or disposal.
- Secures and bar loads in a safe manner.
- Unloads and stores purchased products in a designated
- Trains/retrains as required by company training guidelines
(i.e. annual GMPT).
- Keeps equipment and area of assigned work neat and clean at all
times. Assists other employees when possible.
- During periods of unworked time or downtime, performs work as
assigned by supervision.
- Notifies supervision of any equipment problems or safety
- Does not change job procedures without authorization from
- Performs all other related assignments and training of other
employees as required by supervision.The above job description is
not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for
each job, and subject to change to meet the needs of Gold Medal
Bakery or its customers.Preparation and TrainingWork requires a
high school level of knowledge in order to read, write and speak
English and to perform simple arithmetic calculations Work
ExperienceNo experience necessary. Analytical Ability and Ability
to Utilize a Computerized SystemMust have ability to use a
computerized system via both a desktop and handheld device. Must be
able to sign in and navigate through the system in order to input
data, and retrieve data needed. Little analytical ability required.
Any analysis done involves simple comparisons between what proper
product looks like and variety of bags, codes, stickers, etc.
Independent Judgment And Consequence Of ErrorsRoutine work
performed under close supervision or in accordance with specific
and detailed instructions. Minor consequence of errors causing some
inconvenience and confusion but little cost in time, money or good
will. Contact With OthersNo contact with people outside the company
and frequent contact with fellow employees in immediate work area.
Work Of OthersNo responsibility for the work of others. Mental and
- Must be capable of exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as trays and
- Mental and visual ability to identify various products, codes,
and labels, and to read sales orders and shipping documents is
required. Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, add,
subtract, multiply and divide. Performs repetitive tasks following
- Must be capable of moving up and down building stairways in
plant to reach job assignments and perform tasks required in the
shipping process. Tasks require stooping, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking and
hearing. Capable to reach seven (7) feet to handle racks and trays
of bakery products.
- Must be capable of understanding complex instructions (verbally
and in writing) and reading notices and work schedules.
- Worker subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts,
electrical current, and moving objects carrying considerable weight
and force. Other details
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $25.58
- Travel Required No Apply Now
- 21 Penn St, Fall River, MA 02724, USA
Keywords: Gold Medal Bakery, Fall River , SHIPPING - SHIPPER/LOAD HAULER, Professions , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!