PRODUCTION - PRODUCTION TRAINEE
Company: Gold Medal Bakery
Location: Fall River
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Gold Medal Bakery is a fourth-generation family-owned industrial
bakery that operates around the clock to provide fresh-baked goods
to area food stores, restaurants, and institutions in New England
and beyond. Gold Medal prides itself as a team of quality people
who share their reputation and tradition through bread. Before
clicking "Apply Now", please be sure to read the instructions
carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Be sure to include a working email. Without one, you're already
- Be sure to include a working phone number.
- You MUST include past work experience for at least 7 years and
explain any gaps in employment. If you do not have 7 years of work
experience, please explain what you have been doing. A resume only
does not replace this section. Click the "+" button next to Work
Experience during the application process to open that
- Please include the first AND last name of your supervisor.
- Please include at least 2 references under the reference
section. Past Supervisors, Managers, etc only. Family members are
not acceptable. If you are just starting out in the workforce, you
may include a teacher, professor, advisor, guidance counselor,
- Lastly, if you are a former employee, please answer that
question honestly and please include it in the Work Experience
section. . Background check and drug screen (including marijuana)
required .* Disclosure : An application is not a guarantee of
employment. Your application will be reviewed and if you are a
match for any available opportunities, we will contact you. Due to
the number of applications received, we ask no phone calls
please.As always, we appreciate your interest in wanting to be a
part of the Gold Medal Bakery Team!
hour shiftsStart time: 11:30am & 11:30pmTrainee Schedule: Sat, Sun,
Tues., Wed., Thurs.Pay: $20.00/hrSummaryThis entry level position
is a learner position, and as such trains on a variety of machines
in order to secure a permanent position on a particular machine.
The Trainee can be utilized to replace production employees
throughout the Department as assigned by supervision for periods of
time to allow for absences, while always keeping ingredients and/or
finished product orderly and sanitary, and paying particular
attention to maintaining highest degree of food quality and
personal and food safety.
- Responsible for preventing injury due to improper or unsafe
operation of equipment and following lock-out/tag-out procedures as
well as all company safety programs and procedures.
- Maintains a high state of safety awareness:
- Keeps hands, body and clothing clear of moving machinery.
- Observes proper lifting technique.
- Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways.
- Is alert to movement of materials, condition of walking surface
and other people in order to prevent possible collision or
- Is at all times cognizant of personal and food safety. Follows
all personal safety rules. If any food safety or quality problem
(or potential problem) arises, elevates to Supervisor immediately
or in a timely fashion, depending on severity of problem.
- Fills in for other positions as assigned by supervision.
- Uses production schedule to determine variety, batch, size,
etc. of product to produce.
- Adjusts equipment as necessary to provide correct time,
temperature, speed and weights as required. Checks equipment for
proper operation and absence of foreign material. Checks scales,
meters, gauges, refrigeration, etc. for accuracy and operation to
- Records the necessary production data to document conditions
- Notifies supervision immediately if any change in the
production schedule is noticed or if an error has been made.
- Notifies supervision of any irregularities which occur during
production, and equipment problems or safety hazards.
- Trains/retrains as required by company training guidelines (ie,
- Keeps equipment and area of assigned work clean and neat at all
times. Assists other employees when possible.
- During periods of unworked time or downtime, performs work as
assigned by Supervisor.
- Notifies Supervision of any equipment problems or safety
- Does not change job procedures without authorization from
- Performs all other related assignments and training of other
employees as required by Supervision. The above job description is
not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for
the job, and subject to change to meet the needs of Gold Medal
Bakery or its customers.Preparation and TrainingWork requires a
high school level of knowledge of several subjects in order to
read, write and speak English and to perform arithmetic
calculations, record data, prepare reports, keep records and/or
deal effectively with other people.Work ExperienceMachine operation
experience preferred.Analytical AbilitySome analytical ability is
required. Analysis is necessary to determine and make adjustments
when needed in order to provide a quality product.Independent
Judgment And Consequence Of ErrorsIndependent judgment is often
required. Some direct guidance is received from supervision and/or
established procedures or instructions. The impact of errors would
result in significant cost in time, money or quality
product.Contact With OthersLimited contact with people outside the
company and frequent contact with employees in immediate work area.
Important matters are discussed with supervision and decisions
made.Work of OthersMay have some responsibility for guiding the
work of others, as assigned. Other details
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0 Apply Now
- 1397 Bay St, Fall River, MA 02724, USA
Keywords: Gold Medal Bakery, Fall River , PRODUCTION - PRODUCTION TRAINEE, Professions , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!