Packout Maintenance Supervisor, Second Shift
Company: Blount Fine Foods Corp
Location: Fall River
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been
in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes
refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for
food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River,
MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the
largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.Summary:?
This hands-on position that reports to the Maintenance Manager;
directs and coordinates activities of Production Line Mechanics and
Vision System Technicians engaged in repair, maintenance, and PM of
machines, pack out and equipment, by performing the following
duties personally, or through subordinates.
- Provides a daily early morning review of work
activities/personnel status and PM results to the Maintenance
Manager with updates for substantial issues (any event that might
affect production, or product quality) throughout the day.
- Reviews manufacturer?s service manuals, Blount Fine Foods
equipment usage schedules, and records of maintenance problems to
determine the optimum frequency of preventative maintenance.
- Designs and implements SOP?s associated with PM?s, LOTO, and
machine operating instructions.
- Regularly checks production schedules and confers with other
departments, managers and staff to determine when planned
maintenance least interferes with operations.
- Maintain records of planned and completed maintenance and
assists in tracking and completing records for environmental and
- Reviews work requests to determine work priorities. Schedules
repair, maintenance, and PM of machines, tools, and equipment to
ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of Production Line Mechanics and Vision
Technicians setting up machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
- Ensure an optimal level of spare parts and equipment are kept
in stock to minimize unscheduled operations downtime, while
minimizing cost of inventory.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures
designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and
effect greater utilization of equipment and materials.
- Coordinates the maintenance program in accordance with
policies, principles, and procedures established by Blount Fine
- Studies maintenance schedules and estimates labor requirements
for completion of job assignment.
- Oversees all administrative duties in a timely manner, i.e.
schedules, overtime, time off, interviewing of potential candidates
- Responsible for accurate, timely, daily, monthly, and yearly
- Responsible for approval of all overtime.
- Ensure facility is in audit ready condition at all times.
- Works as member of the Engineering Department to assist in
design for innovative equipment upgrades and coordinate plans for
installation of new equipment, machinery, or buildings.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and
modifications with design engineers.
- Directly supervises Production Line Mechanics and Vision System
Technicians in the Cup Pack Out Department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
- Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems
and maintenance procedures.Requirements:
- University/Technical college degree, or appropriate trade
school certification; or a minimum of eight years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience, is required.
- Experience supervising a multidiscipline team.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of Pack Out machinery and
- Must have strong computer skills along with strong written and
verbal communication skills.We offer:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locationBlount
Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry,
age, disability, marital, & veteran status.#CB--
Keywords: Blount Fine Foods Corp, Fall River , Packout Maintenance Supervisor, Second Shift, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!