Buyer - Fall River
Company: Greenkiss Staffing Solution (Direct Placement Divi
Location: Fall River
Posted on: February 2, 2019
Growing food manufacturer 3 plant locations seeking for a Buyer for the Purchasing Dept.---- Are you looking for continued growth and development?-- The food industry is one of the strongest economic sectors of our economy to work in.
Our Client is deeply rooted in the New England food industry; with plants in MA, RI, and TX.-- They promote from within, offer relocation assistance, offer amazing growth potential, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Dependent Scholarship Program, an excellent benefits package and more. They are committed to excellence in all areas of food production with the mission to deliver top quality products.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Compensation Package; benefits including medical, dental, 401K match & more
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Steady year around work
- Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Family Fun Days
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Holiday Hams
To plan, coordinate, analyze and manage all activities related to the purchasing and receipt of assigned raw materials.-- The position interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Planning, Production, QA, Product Development, Accounting, Logistics and Senior Management. In event of absence, position will be filled by adequately trained personnel.
---------------- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.-- Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Use strategic thinking, deep analysis, and forward planning to maintain proper inventory levels that support sales, forecasts, and market trends for assigned items.--
- Negotiate and coordinate raw material purchase orders, expedite/prioritize, and assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with regulations where necessary.
- Plan and manage raw materials associated with new product launches and phasing out of discontinued raw materials.
- Research new raw materials for R+D.-- Provide samples as needed and feedback on those samples with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Utilize available data and reporting tools to ensure departmental KPI's are being met and identify areas of improvement.
- Proactively perform supplier management activities through the use of supplier score cards, preventative and corrective action, supplier visits, and risk assessments. Maintains and fosters positive supplier relationships.
- Interface with all departments to resolve problems and issues with purchased items, plan for future requirements, and maintain production.--
- Maintain records and documentation pertaining to past activities, order specifications, supplier specifications and performance histories, etc.
- Perform continued market analysis to determine trends, risks, and opportunities to drive and improve existing strategies and/or assist in the development of new departmental strategies.
- Participate in continuous improvement personally and departmentally in accordance with corporate expectations.----
- Comply with Safety Policies.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
------------------Person needs to have above average math, computer, and logic skills. In addition, in order to be successful this person will need to be extremely organized and detail oriented. Must be a proactive, team player.----Solid planning, leadership and administrative skills.----Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a daily basis.
Education and/or Experience
------------------Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
Keywords: Greenkiss Staffing Solution (Direct Placement Divi, Fall River , Buyer - Fall River, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!