Company: Berry Global Riverhead Facility
Posted on: November 24, 2022
- Sign on Bonus - $1000
- Retention Bonuses available - $500 at 90 and 180 days!
Berry Global offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits
packing including 401(k) with match, tuition assistance and a
dynamic, supportive work environment. Build a career in
manufacturing with Berry!
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 6:30pm - 7:00am with Mandatory overtime
Pay Rate: Hourly Rate is $18.00/hr + ($1.00 differential)
The Operator's main responsibility is to run the coating line's
Take-Up end to produce niche, specialty tape products.
Primary Duties of the Job
- Refer to all job-related ISO quality guidelines and customer
- Review the Work Order (including the run sheet, the material
requirements, and any applicable process notes) before the run
starts, and then physically check to make that the right material
is on the machine and that the right side of the material is
threaded to for coating or lamination.
- Lift roll shafts manually or with the aid of material handling
tools as needed throughout the shift to load, unload, and store
- Throughout the run, cut and splice the material as
- Rolls should be removed from the line and prepared for shipment
to the warehouse (skid, band, etc.)
- Utilize material handling machinery (such as pallet jacks,
forklifts, drum trucks, and hoists) to transport, stage, and/or
load raw materials and finished goods.
- Equipment problems should be reported to the appropriate Group
Leader and/or Supervisor, and material problems should be reported
using NCR protocols.
- Adhesive cleaning chemicals are used as needed throughout the
shift during changeovers.
- carry out additional tasks as needed and instructed
Education, Experience, Skills
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must communicate fluently in English (speaking, reading,
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of scan guns and/or inventory control
- Forklift operator experience helpful
Job & Conduct Expectations
- Overtime when scheduled. Employee may be required to back-fill
when a co-worker is on leave or absent.
- Maintain high standards in housekeeping throughout work area
and assist as required in other areas of the facility and
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Forklift Licensed
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
Keywords: Berry Global Riverhead Facility, Fall River , Machine Operator, Other , Bristol, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!