Data Steward 1
Company: Marriott International
Location: Fall River
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Additional Information Can be remote but must be 50 miles from a
current CECAny US, Canada CEC or HQ
Job Number 22178276
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location CEC Omaha, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United
States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Reporting Services team will build and maintain CEC & other company
reporting. This role will include design, build, and maintaining of
the reporting pipeline and platform. The CEC Reporting Analyst will
work directly with the CEC stakeholders to determine reporting
requirements to support business operations and performance
management. The CEC Reporting Analyst will work with stakeholders
to gather requirements and build visualizations to help the
business identify, diagnose, and action the performance
information. The CEC Reporting Analyst will work with data
engineers, business analysts and other operational stakeholders.
Develop complex SQL queries to fetch data from back end and to
populate the fetched data on the user interface dashboard and
* 4-year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science,
MIS, or related major.
* 4+ years of relevant professional experience in call center
operations or a similar function, demonstrating progressive career
growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
* Advanced SQL Query Skills in at least one SQL Server, DB2,
Oracle, MySQL, SOQL, T-SQL, Apex, NoSQL, Postgre SQL
* Proven knowledge SQL Server including SSRS and SSMS
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access and other
Microsoft suite of products
* Experience in Database Management, relational database and NoSQL
structures and research methods.
* Experience in visualizations and reporting techniques
* Experience with BI platforms (SSRS, MicroStrategy, Tableau,
Alteryx, Power BI)
* Ability to identify appropriate analytical approaches depending
on business needs.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
* Moving data from various sources through direct pipeline, flat
files, API, and Scripts to SQL platforms, Vendor repositories,
Cloud platforms, and data lakes
* Design various processes for success. Relational data
architecture design, schema design, and data workflow automation
* Communicates with stakeholders and BA leadership to gather
requirements and timeline for requests
* Conducts routine reviews of existing reporting to standardize and
* Ensures reports are accessible by appropriate user groups, and in
a structure that is easily accessible
* Partners with Data Services team to construct ETLs to bring in
* Builds SQL and Python code to collect relevant and reliable
* Uses Alteryx to automate workflows and generate audits
* Builds Visual Studio layout to align with stakeholders'
functional and aesthetic needs
* Creates Stored Procedures to enable modular, efficient reporting
* Update and rebuild existing reporting, as business needs
* Organize, coordinate and conduct system integration testing.
* Works with leadership and stakeholders to identify and resolve
report inconsistencies and errors
* Identifies any underlying, fundamental gaps or design flaws and
escalates to leadership
* Creates documentation to help facilitate future research
* Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
* Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a
convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands
issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares
information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops
and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and
chooses a course of action.
* Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first
impression and represents the company in alignment with its
* Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of
a team to move toward the completion of common goals while
fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
* Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self
and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;
initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others
toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes
beyond what is required.
* Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources
required to set a plan of action for self and/or others;
prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and
ensure work is completed.
* Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that
builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of
organizational goals and lasting relationships.
* Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships
based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions
consistent with the company's service standards.
* Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with
diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural
perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement
and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the
opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
* Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help
individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to
accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
* Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning
opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
* Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information
to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to
approach business and administrative challenges.
* Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills
and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage
everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to
approach function-specific work challenges.
* Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and
software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software,
Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or
divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with
more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to
grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
Keywords: Marriott International, Fall River , Data Steward 1, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!