Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Location: Fall River
Posted on: June 22, 2022
The Stock Associate will be responsible for processing and
preparing receipts of merchandise, fixtures and supplies. The role
will also assist in moving, stocking, and replenishing merchandise
on the sales floor and receiving areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Make practical and effective use of our F3 (Faster Freight Flow)
process when unloading merchandise, fixtures, and other supplies
from trucks and placing them to designated areas on the sales
* Prepares merchandise for the sales floor by removing it from
packaging, verifying price information, and ticketing where
necessary; processes merchandise as directed
* Performs housekeeping recovery as needed: collects trash and
* Possess the ability to work independently and/or as the member of
a team to accomplish assigned goals
* Operates a cash register as needed
* Recovers receiving areas and sales floor prior to the end of each
* Meets or exceeds productivity goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Prior merchandise receiving, handling, and stocking experience in
other retail or warehouse environments preferred
* Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and good
verbal and written communication skills
* Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy
working with customers.
* Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others
(even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company
* Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be
capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive
* Passionate: You must be passionate about collaboration and
ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and
* This role spends a majority of their working time moving between
the receiving area, stock area, and around the sales floor.
* Responsible for physical activities including using hand tools,
bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, and lifting on a frequent
basis: should be able to lift 35 lbs on a regular basis ( cleaning
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You
may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job duties
and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract, either express or
implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the
Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Fall River , Stock Associate, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!