Sr. Auto Appraiser
Location: North Attleboro
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobSeeking an experienced field auto appraiser to
cover Bristol County Massachusetts as well as neighboring towns of
Tiverton and Little Compton, Rhode Island.
Let's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Senior Auto Appraiser Role may be the career for you. There's a
lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out. Our comprehensive,
fully paid six week training program including class discussions,
hands-on training, e-learning modules, and instructor led guidance
to help you support our membership independently.
As a Senior Auto Appraiser, you will work within established
guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate, and appraise
vehicle damage claims for both repairable and total loss vehicles
to ensure estimate accuracy in compliance with state laws and
regulations. You will be accountable for delivering exceptional
member service through setting appropriate expectations, proactive
communications, advice, and empathy.Job RequirementsTasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- With the use of digital tools, evaluates and appraises high
complexity (total loss, total burn, theft recovered, heavy
(non-drivable) auto claims in accordance with the terms and
conditions of the contract, corporate guidelines and state laws and
- Investigates claim damages including communicating with the
insured and third-parties/vendors. May require face-to-face
interactions with members and third parties.
- Reviews facts of loss and vehicle damage to determine if
subrogation opportunities exist and makes the appropriate, timely
system referral. -
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of P&C insurance industry
products, services, contracts, and internal
processes/systems/procedures to ensure compliance. -
- Reviews claims/suppliers for fraud indicators and refers to
Special Investigative Unit for handling, if applicable.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims. Includes mapping
of repair plan and timeline for repair.
- Responsible for reviewing additional damages received from
repair facilities to either complete a supplement or triage to
field provider method of inspection.
- May serve as a subject matter expert representative for
disputed claims or trials. Serves as a resource to team members on
escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate highest complexity claims resolution. May also involve
external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate
documentation and compliance.
- Explains coverage, assists policyholders with information on
repairs and describes the settlement process, setting appropriate
expectations. Issues settlement amounts for damages claimed.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as
needed which may involve volunteering for extended hours. - May
serve as -permanent member of the APD Catastrophe team.Minimum
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years of auto appraising experience.
- Knowledge of P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages,
auto parts distribution process and claim appraisal process and
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license
within 90 days and designated number of attempts.Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Proficient knowledge in CCC Estimating systems and Mitchell
Refinish Materials Calculator database.
- Selected candidate must possess a valid auto damage appraisers
license in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island.Physical Demand
- May require the ability to operate a company vehicle within
- May require the ability to reach, handle, squat, bend, climb,
and keen as needed to complete inspections of damaged
- May require the ability to work outdoors in inclement weather
conditions; May be exposed to working in body shop and/or salvage
yard environments up to 25% of the time.
- May be required to meet all USAA safe driving requirements
including verification of driving record through MVR & possession
of valid driver's license.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $54,800.00 - $98,700.00* (this does not include
geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work
location).Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. -Shift premium will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - - -Benefits:At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - -The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Keywords: USAA, Fall River , Sr. Auto Appraiser, Other , North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!