VMC Associate III in Fall River, Massachusetts - Careers at MASSBIOLOGICS
Location: Fall River
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Requisition Number 2020-35871
# of Openings 3
Posted Date Day
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:The VMC Associate III will evaluate,
optimize, and execute processes to produce GMP vectored
therapeutics. The VMC Associate III is responsible for activities
supporting the evaluation & selection of new process and analytical
equipment. This position will work on problems of moderate scope
where analysis of the situation or data requires a review of
various factors to recommend a solution.
- Oversees the design and execution of experiments and analysis
supporting development and optimization of vector manufacturing
- Executes GMP manufacturing processes according to SOPs and
batch records to produce clinical grade vector products
- Contributes to scale up and & technical transfer of bench scale
and pilot processes to GMP Manufacturing.
- Leads troubleshooting, root cause analysis and identification
of corrective actions to support Pharmaceutical Development or GMP
Manufacturing equipment and process issues.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of Pilot-Scale to GMP
scale bioreactor and purification systems.
- Operates and maintains standard laboratory equipment and
departmental specific laboratory equipment.
- Perform analytical biochemistry and molecular biology assays as
well as microscopy and other laboratory testing as required.
- Oversees autoclaving, cleaning and sterilization operations as
- Keeps accurate records in notebooks, organizes and reports
- Prepares written and oral reports for presentation to the
development group and senior staff.
- Completes manufacturing batch records for GMP processes.
- Maintains reagent inventories, orders supplies, and cleans
laboratory areas, hoods, incubators and group equipment.
- Makes recommendations in improving and streamlining production
- Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and
interpretation of experiments that contribute to project
- Performs additional job related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a Biology, Chemistry,
Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field, with a minimum
5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Ability to follow instructions precisely, recognize deviations,
and recommend corrective action.
- Prior experience in a cGxP regulated environment. Strong
working knowledge of CFR 21
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to train and supervise others
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member
of a team
- May require individual to work flexible or extended hours to
meet business needs
Keywords: MassBiologics, Fall River , VMC Associate III in Fall River, Massachusetts - Careers at MASSBIOLOGICS, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!