Jr. Systems Administrator
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job ID 181047BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/27/2021 City
Middletown State RI Country United States
The Business Infrastructure (BI) Organization within Raytheon
BBN Technologies is seeking a full- or part-time Systems
Administrator to support the computing infrastructure needs of our
Middletown, RI office. Primary responsibilities will include, but
not be limited to, server and workstation organization and
maintenance, software maintenance, network support, inventory and
government property tracking. In addition to office infrastructure,
this position will include responsibilities within the office's
secure labs. Those responsibilities will include the architecture,
implementation, and regular maintenance of closed labs that adhere
to NIST and RMF requirements.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with Microsoft Windows, and
Linux operating systems, common office and Information Technology
(IT) applications, and network equipment and protocols. Because of
the inclusion of classified facilities and Government contract
work, the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security
clearance, DoD-approved 8570 baseline certifications within six (6)
months of hire (e.g., Sec+, CCNA Security, SSCP) and knowledge of
Risk Management Framework (RMF) and or NIST 800-53 standards are a
What will you need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security,
Infrastructure Technology (or related field) with 0-2 years'
experience in Systems Administration.
- Thorough working knowledge with Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of and experience with systems administration
practices/procedures as applied to software management, and system
- Effective troubleshooting and technical problem solving.
- Interest in acquiring new technological skills and researching
alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop solutions
- The ability to obtain a security clearance for which the
Department of Defense requires US citizenship.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME / BENEFICIAL
- Active security clearance
- Current DoD-approved 8570 baseline certifications (e.g., Sec+,
CCNA Security, SSCP)
- Knowledge of and/or familiarity with NIST 800-53 standards and
the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Working knowledge of networking essentials and Cisco Network
Appliances, including routers, Layer 2 and 3 switches, and ASA
- Working knowledge of DISA STIG and SCAP tools a plus.
- Familiarity with administering tools such as Atlassian
products, Splunk, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, WSUS,
- Knowledge of Redhat Identity manager, FreeIPA, OpenLDAP, Samba,
NFS, DNS, and other Linux domain services.
- Demonstrated ability to support of a fast-paced set of
developers and to balance priorities of multiple tasks.
- Interest in learning, developing new approaches, and
communicating new ideas to colleagues.
- Experience with data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and
- Thorough experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, Microsoft
Hyper-V, and Red Hat Virtualization.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total
compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a
Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and
competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and
your family's health and well-being, we also offer important
financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include - Paid Parental Leave - Adoption
Assistance - Auto and Home Insurance - Child/Elder Back Up Care -
College Coach - Retirement Planning Services - Flexible Work
Arrangements - Legal Services - LifeResources - Employee Discount
Program - Educational Assistance - Transportation Benefits - and
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an
Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Fall River , Jr. Systems Administrator, Other , Middletown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!