RN- Case Manager
Company: People Incorporated
Location: Fall River
Posted on: June 8, 2021
RN Case Manager
Full Time 9am-5:00 pm
40 hours/Full Time
Come grow with us and find your path to Opportunity!!
People Incorporated is a human service Agency serving the
Southcoast community, including the Greater Fall River, New
Bedford, and Taunton areas. As a partnership of specialized,
integrated programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with
life challenges. Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of
the largest providers of supports and services to people of all
abilities in the community.
Our Residential Program is looking for a dynamic and detail
oriented RN Case Manager to support the residential program
together in a team approach to provide premier services to
individuals in our care. On a daily basis, this position will be
responsible for providing nursing case management to individuals
including but not limited to, coordination of healthcare
appointments, regular monitoring of medications and MAP compliance,
oversight of annual health and wellness screenings, coordination of
care during hospitalizations and assisting managers with the
discharge process, support managers to communicate medical/health
updates to team, providing staff education/trainings relating to
MAP, and ensuring complete and accurate medical/healthcare
documentation and follow up. Additionally, this position will
assist non-licensed residential staff with individual specific
medical needs that may be outside their scope. This position may
require a flexed schedule including 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts, in
addition to regularly scheduled periods of after hours on-call
assessment and triaging.
INDIVIDUAL RELATED FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor individuals medical status and health through
comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Coordinate individuals healthcare needs and act as liaison
between the residential programs and medical associates as
- Coordinate care during hospitalizations and discharge
- Support managers and participate in the provision of
medical/health update communications to team
- Support managers on the monitoring of medication supplies and
conducting medication audits.
- Assist and educate staff on patient care and individual
specific MAP related trainings, as needed.
- Provide after hours on-call and triaging to provide medical
support to individuals to reduce unnecessary hospital and emergency
- Provide MAP training to Direct Care Staff and act as MAP
Consultant to advise on specific medication issues
- Participate in all staff meetings and required training
sessions, including in-service training, as scheduled.
- Provide safe physical intervention of individuals, as
- Administer medications to individuals in the residential
setting as needed.
- Participate in the admission process for new referrals into the
- Conduct periodic COVID-19 testing as needed
COMPLIANCE RELATED FUNCTIONS:
- Follow all MAP requirements effectively and efficiently
- Conduct routine audits reviewing for compliance with MAP
including but not limited to: healthcare provider orders,
Medication Administration Records, pharmacy labels, countable
medication book, and medication disposal records.
- Conduct routine audits on individual healthcare related
documentation to ensure complete/accurate nursing assessments and
healthcare records, including but not limited to: healthcare
provider encounter forms, lab/diagnostic test documentation,
hospitalization records, and medical progress notes.
- Adhere to all Human Rights
ADMINISTRATIVE RELATED FUNCTIONS:
- Provide staff education and training consistent with RN role,
- Support Program managers on annual health and wellness
- Participate in required staff meetings as needed
- Assist with healthcare portion of Individualized Service Plan
- Participate professionally in any investigations conducted by
internal or external agencies
- Current Massachusetts RN License.
- Skill obtained through First Aid/CPR (Healthcare Provider),
medication administration, and site-specific certifications.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
- Ability to perform nursing skills and critical thinking within
the RN scope of practice.
- A qualifying criminal background check, driving record and a
valid drivers license are also required.
People Incorporated is committed to an inclusive and diverse
work environment. We are a proud equal opportunity employer that
means all races, religions, nationalities, genders, the LGBTQ+
community and people with disabilities are welcome and encouraged
People Incorporated offers a competitive salary and benefits
package that includes health, dental, 403(b),FSA, LTD, life
insurance and generous accrued time off. To learn more about People
Inc please visit us online at
Keywords: People Incorporated, Fall River , RN- Case Manager, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!