Solidifi, a Real Matters company, is one of North America's
leading independent providers of valuation and closing services in
the residential real estate mortgage industry. The company has
built a strong reputation and partnerships with a network of more
than 100,000 qualified independent field agents and is the mortgage
service provider of choice for more than 60 of the top 100 lenders.
Understanding the power of technology to boost productivity both
internally and for our clients, the Solidifi team is made up of
mortgage industry specialists and technology innovators.
Solidifi has offices in Markham (ON), Buffalo (NY), Denver (CO),
and Middletown (RI).
For more information, please visit www.solidifi.com
We are looking for a team member driven and excited to learn
something new every day! The Escrow Compliance team is responsible
for reconciling all escrow bank accounts on a daily basis to reduce
the risk of fraudulent activity. The department is the main contact
for underwriter and state-specific audits for escrow operations.
The Escrow Compliance Specialist reconciles recording accounts with
vendor invoices and cuts replacement checks in order to clear
outstanding funds. Candidates need to be able to work in a fast
paced, team environment using excellent communication skills. A
background in basic banking and accounting principles is helpful;
however, qualified candidates must be eager to learn about the
title insurance industry as a whole.
The ideal candidate is positive, with a passion for work and
getting the job done right the first time every time. If you are
the type of person that is passionate about your work and is not
willing to produce mediocre results, you are a good candidate for
- Perform three way reconciliations of all escrow accounts on a
- Format, import, and reconcile daily recording invoices into
- Examine recording fees collected against recorded documents to
ensure proper refunds are issued to the appropriate party.
- Obtain and review requested documentation for annual state and
- Daily review of trial balance and outstanding checks
- Assist with the annual submission of escheatment's in
accordance to state unclaimed property guidelines.
- Identify and fund shortages in escrow and recording
- Send final documents to clients once the file is closed.
Skills and Expertise Required
- University Degree or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess a high level of accountability and follow through on
all internal and external resolution needs
- Ability to work independently and remain self-driven
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly
- QuickBooks knowledge and experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Solidifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer; applicants are
considered for all roles without regard race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or
any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection
process if you require accommodation. Solidifi is committed to
compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing
accommodation for applicants with disabilities.