Personal Care Line Home Health Aide
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Location: Fall River
Posted on: June 7, 2021
What You Will Do
The Home Health Aide assists clients with non-skilled nursing
tasks as well as household tasks in accordance with relevant local,
state and federal agencies and with a care plan developed by a
clinician in accordance with state and local laws and regulations.
The Home Health Aide supports and encourages clients in self-help
and optimal level of independence or participation in activities of
daily living and home management as related to comfort, care, and
safety of a client in the home. The Home Health Aide provides care
for medically complex clients including clients with Alzheimer's
disease or related disorders, mental illness and clients under a
- Performs and assists clients with activities of daily living
including: bathing, dressing, grooming, skin care, mouth care, foot
care, and toileting.
- Performs non-skilled nursing tasks including: exercises that
may include range of motion exercises, ambulation, regular skin
care, care to pressure point areas, dressing changes, safe client
transfers including transfers with mechanical devices or partners,
using and maintaining special equipment and supplies appropriately,
oral hygiene and hair care.
- Monitors and records vital signs including temperature, pulse,
and respirations and monitors liquid intakes and outputs.
- Provides medication reminders.
- Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary
- Accompanies client on errands or runs errands for the client,
including shopping for food and household supplies.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing
- Engages in stimulating conversation and activities.
- Communicates and reports any changes or concerns regarding
clients in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with all other caregivers to deliver excellent care
to clients and participates in multi-disciplinary care
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, reliable, and able
to cope with emergencies.
- Successful completion of the Home Health Aide training or its
equivalent or a current, unencumbered CNA license with successful
completion of the Home Health Aide crossover training or its
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Fall River , Personal Care Line Home Health Aide, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!