Distribution Center Supervisor
Company: The Talbots Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Number: 11826
Position Title: Ld Distribution Center
Talbots Lakeville Distribution Center is actively hiring for a
Warehouse Supervisor to oversee the daily activity of hourly
associates. This opportunity offers full-time hours, Health
Benefits, Salary range of $70,000, and a $1,000 dollar sign-on
bonus! Apply Today!
The Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the daily
activity of hourly associates. Assigns work and monitors
productivity to ensure high standards of quality, accuracy,
housekeeping, merchandise damage minimization and safety. Works to
maintain a high level of associate morale, engagement and
- Management responsibilities for the team members under his/her
- Ensuring prompt, efficient and accurate handling of merchandise
as well as developing and implementing team goals.
- Hiring, evaluation, development and performance management of
- Ensures all operations procedures are followed effectively, and
identifies and recommends needed changes to Operations Manager
and/or Assistant General Manager on the standardized processes for
the functional area.
- Evaluates and analyzes current work methods and recommends ways
to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Directing associates in daily operations, and monitors to
ensure a high degree of productivity, safety, service and
- Training, coaching and feedback of hourly associates, and
performing regular evaluations of associates through factual data
and subjective observations.
- Driving a high performance/high accountability culture that
encourages both Associate Engagement and Customer
- Uses discretion to provide coaching and counseling to
associates regarding job performance, methods of performing job
- Resolving associate relations issues that arise in assigned
- Investigating operational errors to determine the cause and
recommends corrective action where needed.
- Serve as a role model to the associates demonstrating a high
level of personal and professional conduct and complying with
Talbots Rules of Conduct Policy and the Standards for the
- Implement fair and consistent practices in compliance with
Company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a safe working environment ensuring
compliance with Talbots safety standards.
- Interview and select appropriate candidates for open
- Develop and maintain training programs and materials to ensure
effective training of all non-exempt associates.
- Provide regular feedback and coach associates to improve
performance and comply with Talbots policies. Address and resolve
- Establish and maintain a positive and productive working
- Identify and resolve associate concerns and conflicts.
- Plan and conduct daily start-up and monthly department meetings
ensuring thorough communication to associates.
- Prepare and submit accurate payroll information in a timely
manner. Ensure proper use of benefit time.
- Supervise a group of 2 Leads and approximately 30 warehouse
Internal and External Relationships:
- Daily contact with the following department's supervisors:
- Quality Assurance / RTV
- Retail Shipping
- Inventory Control
- Retail Packing
- Merchandising staff in Hingham
- Carriers, as needed.
- Vendors, as needed.
- Talbots agents, as needed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in a leadership role in a
distribution warehouse or equivalent environment
- Demonstrated customer-focus, interpersonal and conflict
- Demonstrated ability to train and coach others
- Demonstrated track record of driving results and continuous
- Strong change management skills
- Experience with Labor Management System preferred
- Strong communication, analytical, planning, organizational, and
decision making skills
- Advance background in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word,
Excel and Power Point.
Community / Marketing Title: Distribution Center Supervisor
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's
clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company
is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely,
fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots
relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who
bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can
enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer
modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of
sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes
applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based
upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the
requirements of the position under consideration and are made
without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
religion, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job
applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to
perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to
participate in the application process please contact
email@example.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations
for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such
accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of
the Company's business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lakeville, Massachusetts US
Keywords: The Talbots Inc, Fall River , Distribution Center Supervisor, Other , Lakeville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!