Company: Granite City Electric Supply
Location: Fall River
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical
distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential,
commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With
branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire,
Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent
electrical supply company and the official distributor of
electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
We are seeking a self-motivated and articulate customer focused
inside sales professional having the desire to grow their career
with the largest independent electrical distributor in New England.
The Inside Salesperson is often the first impression and
introduction to the customer experiences with the ultimate goal to
create lasting customer relationships. Preference will be given to
those who have knowledge of electrical applications and layout,
Square D products, Eclipse software and EPEC Certification. Pay for
this position is a range of $18.00-$30.00 per hour, commensurate
- Work with account base to grow incrementally as well as develop
- Develop and execute a plan for growth with the Branch Manager.
Highly articulate and influential manner, demonstrating excellent
sales and service skills.
- Monitor and confer with counter contractor sales, outside sales
and management concerning orders, customer status, history,
changes, potential, quotations, strategies, and other related
pertinent sales information.
- Receive and process in a timely fashion all customer inquiries,
purchase orders, back orders, credits, return authorizations, price
increases, and other sales related functions.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date filing system concerning
all customer related information (special order entry procedures,
quotations, special pricing, purchase orders, etc) vendor pricing
and catalog information, and other functions related to sales.
- Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace and
competition, negotiating the lowest possible cost from vendors, and
extracting the highest possible competitive selling price.
- Actively participate in all job related training classes,
informational seminars, business meetings, etc. that will enhance
GCE's position in the market.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma, some college or vocational school
- Previous sales experience required.
- Previous Electrical Distribution experience preferred.
- Business, construction or electrical industry exposure.
- Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity, and
- Knowledge of electrical products.
- Effective negotiation and selling techniques, such as ability
to cross/up sell.
- Strong customer service skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good math and computer skills; experience with Eclipse software
- Able to adapt quickly to changes.
- Able to handle pressure and multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Proven track record for dependability (arriving to work on time
and taking breaks in expected time frames)
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with
- Team player.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Hourly Rate: depending on experience, plus commission
- Excellent employee benefits including, medical, dental, vision,
life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick time and more!
Granite City offers competitive wages and great benefits
including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation,
holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Granite City Electric uses E-Verify.
Keywords: Granite City Electric Supply, Fall River , Inside Sales, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!