The Dr. John C. Corrigan Mental Health Center (JCCMHC) is
seeking a candidate to become a core member of the Partial Hospital
Program multidisciplinary treatment team, provides individual
therapy as well as conducts both psychotherapy and educational and
training groups. In addition, completes social work assessments and
participates in treatment planning for clients in the program.
Please Note: This position is 40.00 hours per week. The selected
candidates will work on the 1st shift 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Days off:
Sunday and Saturday.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties and responsibilities
are not all inclusive):
- Leads/co-leads treatment groups/psychotherapy groups for
Partial Hospital clients as assigned. Groups will have defined
goals and objectives which address the problems, goals, and
objectives of the clients individualized treatment plans.
- Provides individual psychotherapy to clients as part of their
treatment as needed.
- Coordinates care to assigned clients, including the provision
of supportive counseling relating to their need/problems as listed
on the treatment plan.
- Participates in the development, implementation and
coordination of the treatment plan for assigned cases, as well as
treatment plan updates, and shares progress at our weekly clinical
- Documents group notes, individual therapy notes, and
informational notes in MHIS in designated timeframe.
- Provides referral services to Partial Hospital clients needing
additional specialized services from other providers or within the
department. Assists in the referral by linking the client with the
needed services and monitoring the linkage as needed.
- Attends Team Meetings and provides assistance to team leaders
when special problems arise.
- Coordinates with other treatment providers regarding visits or
admissions to the Partial Hospital Program.
- Completes, as a member of a multidisciplinary psychiatric team,
a detailed Social Work Assessment, consistent with standards of the
Partial Hospital Program
Master's Degree or Higher in Social Work. Current and valid
licensure as a Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed
Independent Clinical Social Worker by the Massachusetts Board of
Registration in Social Worker. Based on assignment, travel may be
required. Those employees who elect to use a motor vehicle for
travel must have a current and valid Massachusetts Class D. Motor
Vehicle Operator's license or the equivalent from another
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are
offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of
services to the diverse populations we serve - but it is more than
a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an
outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider
towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium.
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred
Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and
- Tuition benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness
The Dr. John C. Corrigan Mental Health Center provides
comprehensive services to mentally ill adults. Programs include
Outpatient, Case Management, ACCS, and PACT team. The Corrigan
Mental Health Center is a Joint Commission certified facility. In
all ways we aspire to create an environment which promotes growth,
recovery and independence for clients, families, and employees
alike. We offer excellent salary and benefits packages including
tuition remission, health insurance, alternative work schedules,
educational/certification incentives (as per union contract), shift
and weekend differentials.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended
candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive
Office of health and Human services prior to the candidate being
hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cor
Education and license/certification information provided by the
selected candidate(s) is subject to Massachusetts Public Records
Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's web site.
For questions, please contact Human Resources at
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply
within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE: None. (See Required Education and
REQUIRED EDUCATION: A Master's or higher degree in social
LICENSES: Based on assignment, travel may be required. Those
employees who elect to use a motor vehicle for travel must have a
current and valid Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator's license or
the equivalent from another state.
- Current and valid licensure as a Licensed Certified Social
Worker or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker by the
Massachusetts Board of Registration in Social Work.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females,
minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply.