Individual Home Support
Company: People Incorporated
Location: Fall River
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Individualized Home Support
Part Time- Evening and Weekend hours available.
People, Incorporated is a human service Agency serving the South
coast community, including the Greater Fall River, New Bedford, and
Taunton areas. As a partnership of specialized, integrated
programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with life
challenges. Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of the
largest providers of supports and services to people of all
abilities in the community. Let People, Incorporated be Your Path
The Family Advocacy and Community Education Center is seeking a
caring, responsible individual to join our Individual Home Support
team. The IHS staff members role is to provide 1:1 assistance and
direct skills instruction for individuals diagnosed with a
developmental or intellectual disability. The staff member will
work as part of a family team in the familys home and in the
community. Hours vary depending on individuals needs.
- Work as part of a team of family members and other
professionals who are involved in the individuals care and
- Learn the goals of the individual and work to help individual
meet them. Follow a behavior plan if required.
- Provide care for the individual in their home when appropriate,
helping he/she to meet their goals within the home.
- Plan for and provide support for community-based activities (as
required) that are tailored to the individuals strengths and
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of the
- Provide transportation for the individual when needed.
- Document activities and report on activities and progress
toward meeting goals.
- Respond to requests for meetings and information from
- Access and read Agency email account and Intranet at least
- Knowledge obtained through attainment of appropriate experience
working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Understanding of and commitment to the need to maintain
- Knowledge of and respect for cultural diversity.
- Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license and reliable
- Ability to work effectively with children and adults with a
- A valid drivers license is required, as well as a qualifying
criminal background check
People Incorporated offers a competitive salary and benefit
package that includes health, dental, 403(b), FSA, LTD, life
insurance and generous accrued time off. To learn more about People
Incorporated please visit us online at www.peopleinc-fr.org
UNITED WAY MEMBER AGENCY
Keywords: People Incorporated, Fall River , Individual Home Support, Other , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!