Company: FM Global
Posted on: September 18, 2022
More information about this job: Overview:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest
businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size
companies with engineering-based risk management and property
insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in
their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art
loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills
and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and
superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic,
culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100
countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Scrum Master promotes the agile mindset in agile teams,
challenging and removing organizational and cultural impediments.
They are constantly guiding teams in discovery, learning and
coaching to ensure product development teams are achieving their
full potential in improving their velocity and finishing the
committed work within the sprint. In certain situations, the Scrum
Master helps a team through transformational and transitional
changes, helping teams identify and remove organizational
impediments which limits team productivity and performance. At the
team level, the Scrum Master helps the teams form, storm, norm, and
perform while shielding the team from external distractions. The
Scrum Master works very closely with the product owner, team, and
team coach to achieve results in delivery of key features needed in
both development releases as well as product enhancement features.
Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear
communication and organization of the team, along with facilitating
all the scrum ceremonies, activities, and practices. As an Agile
Chapter member, Scrum Master will work closely with other chapter
Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches to adhere and promote the Chapter
vision, goals, standards, and practices throughout the
organization. And actively contribute to the development and
success of the chapter.
- 4 years or more of experience working in Agile development
environment like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- 2 years or more of experience working as Scrum Master of one or
more teams in complex set up.
- Certification in CSM / PSM / CSPO / PSPO or similar. Success
- Passionate about Agile adoption and working in efficient ways;
knowledgeable in Agile values, principles and practices.
- Able to teach, promote and coach teams on new and efficient
- Experience with using Agile tools such as ADO ,Jira, TFS,
Rally, LeanKit etc.
- Skilled at taking a comprehensive view of processes and
interactions and identifying bottlenecks and areas for improvement;
able to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement in
- Is confident and skilled at navigating the team through
road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time.
- Has strong communication skills with ability to communicate
complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Able to resolve issues within the team before they become
urgent - strong mediator.
- Acts as active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and
maximize the team's potential.
- Practices servant leadership, always thinking about how to
enable the team to perform and pushing for what is best for the
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can
influence those around them. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career
long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k),
pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs,
generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! FM
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce. Please
note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates
interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated
and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
Keywords: FM Global, Fall River , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Dighton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!