Senior Technical Sales Manager, Imaging & Detection
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 8, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Senior Technical Sales Manager, Imaging &
Detection Based remotely in Eastern United States, the Imaging &
Detection Senior TSS Manager will work within the Protein & Cell
Analysis Business Unit of the Biosciences Division. The Biosciences
division is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group at Thermo
Fisher Scientific. How will you make an impact?The Technical Sales
Specialist Manager position is a field-based management job
accountable for Eastern North American sales results for the
Imaging & Detection business. This position is responsible for
leading business processes and managing the resources associated
with the EVOS & Varioskan instrumentation, related consumables &
services business plan achievement in North America, East region.
Incumbents in this position are accountable to Commercial
leadership for: achieving sales and financial targets, establishing
and maintaining effective professional relationships with key
customers, ensuring effective sales and service coverage,
attracting and retaining qualified Technical Sales Specialists to
realize growth opportunities available in North America,
coordinating activities of the team with the Commercial Sales
Organization and TSS in other geographies, and working with Product
Management and Regional Marketing to drive the growth for Thermo
Fisher Scientific in the Protein & Cell Analysis markets and
providing service to customers consistent with Thermo Fisher
Scientific standards and expectations. What will you do?
- As technical sales leader, the position will be responsible for
driving technology adoption, attaining North American TSS revenue
growth targets. Creates a vision and strategy to meet or exceed
business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial
management for the region. Directs the tactical implementation of
the business plan to meet objectives.
- Global commercial representative on the Cellular Analysis
Instrumentation global Leadership Team.
- Assists in regional strategy development both within North
America and other commercial regions globally as a representative
of the Protein & Cell Analysis Business unit.
- Operations liaison for the entire North American Imaging &
Detection TSS team.
- Provides timely feedback to marketing and business unit
partners to drive productive marketing and lead generation
programs, relevant sales collateral, and application development
that best serves growth objectives and enables LSG to win in the
- Provide leadership, coaching and feedback to direct reports.
Continually evaluate individual skills, strengths and opportunities
for growth. Guide development plans, monitor regularly and clearly
communicate performance expectations.
- Partner with internal colleagues in finance and commercial
operations to provide timely and accurate tracking, forecasting and
analysis of the business. Expectations are that all significant
activities and opportunities will be input and managed in the CRM
system in accordance with Commercial policies, procedures and
conventions. Oversees contracts/quotations within Thermo Fisher
Scientific Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to
maintain and increase margin.
- In partnership with other members of the management team, chart
out the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for the
Imaging & Detection portfolio and the greater Protein & Cell
- Implement the commercial strategies, ensuring alignment with
the global and regional plans. Achieve the business and strategic
objectives - these must be competitive from both an Industry and
- Through Technical Sales Specialists, directs the process of
selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Imaging & Detection
instrumentation, products and services to customers and
- Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales
forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the
use of system and other designated IT tools.
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth. Engage
in business development for emerging technologies or market
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate
governance and compliance. Manage the business's budget
- Partner with other district managers to formulate
cross-functional strategies for accelerated growth.
- Monitor market intelligence and keep abreast of competition;
economics, and the regulatory environment.
- Lead a technically savvy team, hire, motivate, and retain
staff, to build a solid organization in this region.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or
assigned.How will you get there:
- 5 plus years' experience in sales
- Sales management and / or leadership experience strongly
- Extensive knowledge Microscopy preferred
- Understanding of Pharma/Biotech/Academic markets and protein
biology key opinion leaders is a plus
- Experience in managing a selling organization in North America,
or a demonstrable understanding of business practice in the Life
Science industry. Familiarity with funding practices with respect
to the life sciences industry as well as an existing network of KOL
and policy makers.
- Experience in managing stakeholders in a matrixed environment
preferably on a global basis.
- Experience with technical sales of both instrumentation and
consumable reagents.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the
business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrates how
to achieve those plans.
- Strong analytical and business planning skills.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills,
with the demonstrated ability to communicate with many diverse
- Communication skills include excellent listening and
- Ability to function effectively with a high-performance team
with strong team building skills and the ability to resolve
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Solid business and financial acumen, a change agent.
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual.
- A team player, with a positive attitude, extreme sense of
ownership and commitment to the development of his/her people.
- Requires -50% travel. To access this job later or share with a
friend, please enter Name and Email Address below. Your Name Get
notified for similar jobs Sign up and receive similar job alerts to
your email Enter Email address Get customized job recommendations
based on your career area of interest. Thermo Fisher Scientific
Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue
exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers
are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical
challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or
increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to
support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues
delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies,
purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Fall River , Senior Technical Sales Manager, Imaging & Detection, IT / Software / Systems , Somerset, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!