Retail Store Leadership
Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Location: Fall River
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Job Overview General Description:
The Store Management Team is responsible for the timely and
execution of all Merchandising, Operational, and Human Resource
procedures within a designated retail location in accordance with
the philosophy and
standards of the company. The Assistant Manager participates in
managing the entire store while maintaining
specific areas of responsibility.
- Ensure store presentation is in compliance with company
standards including but not limited to merchandising, maintenance,
- Inventory control through proper ordering, communication to the
buyers and to the auto replenishment department
- Timely compliance to company directives including Operational,
Merchandising and Visual policies, procedures, and programs.
- Monitor customer service to ensure the quality of service is
commensurate with company and customer expectations
- Development of a stable, knowledgeable store organization
- Maintain a close working relationship with the designated
Regional Field Team, District Loss Prevention Manager, and District
- Store Management is responsible for the management of freight
flow, backroom organization, and 24-hour freight turn-around.
- Store Management is responsible for the hiring, supervision,
and training of all store Associates, as well as maintaining
staffing needs while adhering to the basescheduling program.
Assistant Store Manager supervises and train assigned store
associates within areas of responsibility. Qualification
Requirements: Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential
duties and responsibilities with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- Valid Driver's License Training and Experience:
- Previous retail management experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary
language is helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to write routine reports, reviews and
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and
before groups of employees. Skills Required:
- Understanding of retail merchandising practices, including
concepts such as "Item Driven Merchandising"
- Comfortable communication with all levels of management and
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and address issues
- Must be able to perform merchandising tasks such as: set and
operate a pricing gun, cut case merchandise, lift merchandise
weighing up to 35 pounds, display and sign merchandise.
- Must be able to perform tasks related to retail sales
operations such as: perform sales transactions; perform tasks
associated with balancing daily deposits, and related daily sales
- Must be able to perform tasks related to retail receiving
functions such as: verification of merchandise received; processing
of invoices, manifests, transfers, and any other document
associated with the receiving process.
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Fall River , Retail Store Leadership, Hospitality & Tourism , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!