Physician Assistant - Fall River (Physician Assistant #)
Company: Landmark Health
Location: Fall River
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Fall River, Massachusetts.
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare? Landmark Health was
created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most
medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group
provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many
of whom are frail, elderly and ill-equipped to navigate our
overwhelming healthcare system. Because many of our patients are
frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of
their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no
incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service
practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality
patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams
can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients,
giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they
deserve. Our model is finding success throughout the country; we
are now the nation's largest risk-based, in-home medical group,
with operations in six markets and four states across the country.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our
complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse
Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care
provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists,
Behavioral Health and other employed team members. As a Provider,
you will manage a small panel of high-complexity patients in
partnership with an RN Nurse Care Manager. We value quality over
quantity; at Landmark you will be able to invest more time in your
patient visits than you are normally able to spare in a traditional
fee-for-service model. Our home visits typically last 30 minutes to
an hour, which grants you time to complete medication management,
disease education, and collaborate with your extended Landmark team
or with community clinicians. As a Provider, you will be expected
to perform the following activities:
- Perform a comprehensive initial assessment for newly enrolled
- Manage patient care on a longitudinal basis, with the primary
objective of delivering proactive chronic disease care and
significantly reducing avoidable hospitalizations
- Diagnose, prescribe and treat within the scope of the Physician
Assistant and consistent with standard of care.
- Partner with the patient's primary care provider and
specialists to deliver integrated care.
- Participate in a rotated on-call program for home-based patient
- As a Provider at Landmark, you will benefit from the following:
- Excellent compensation and benefits, including a robust bonus
program, market-leading Paid Time Off (PTO), CME reimbursement,
auto allowance, child care benefits, and more.
- A team-based clinical environment, where you will find
mission-driven clinicians who are passionate about fixing our
broken system of care.
- An outcomes-oriented model, where more value is placed on
high-quality clinical outcomes than on productivity.
- Geriatric expertise - Landmark invests significantly in
provider education, with a particular focus on geriatrics and
home-based medical care. You will also be paired with a Landmark
Physician to provide supervision as required.
- Qualifications & Requirements:
- Full-time employee status only.
- Completion of Physician Assistant (PA) accredited program.
- 2+ years of clinical PA experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care.
- Current unrestricted PA state license, and current state
- Passion for geriatric care and patients
- Comfort with conducting house calls.
Keywords: Landmark Health, Fall River , Physician Assistant - Fall River (Physician Assistant #), Healthcare , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!