Certified Medical Assistant
Company: University Orthopedics
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Reports To: Clinical Operations Manager GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for assisting Physicians and Physician's Assistant as a
Certified Medical Assistant with patient care, Durable Medical
Equipment fitting, casting/splinting, environmental and
organizational tasks. Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or
accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination
gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the
examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments,
supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing
and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming
purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers
during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing
basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated
supplies; authorizing drug refills as directed; preparing patients
for x-rays; removing sutures; removing staples; changing dressings;
and wound care.
- Educates patients and family by providing medication and diet
information and instructions, answering questions.
- Monitor patient's environmental safety (e.g., fall precautions
faulty equipment, transmission precautions).
- May be asked to apply Durable Medical Equipment as needed
- Must be able to work closely with the casting/splinting of
acute fracture care
- Ability to identify abnormal patient values for triages
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
patient care information confidential.
- Document medical information using approved medical terminology
in the EHR system.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials.
Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager to meet department
- Must be certified as a Medical Assistant (CMA) ** Must be a
credentialed medical assistant or Licensed health professionals.
- Certified Medical Assistant. Certification through AMA, NCCT,
NHA, or AMTOR
- RI licensed LPN, PT, PTA, OT or OTA
- RI licensed ATC (Athletic Trainer Certified)
- Clinical skills, documentation skills, and communication
- Ability to perform various clinical procedures while in exam
- Computer skill proficiency in EHR, Microsoft word and
- Efficiently assist in the coordination of a busy office,
including use of email, document scanning, and word processing
- Professional, pleasant, cheerful, enthusiastic demeanor, neat
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including telephone
- Motivated individual with team approach
- Must be able to travel to all sites if/when necessary.
Keywords: University Orthopedics, Fall River , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Middletown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!