Family Nurse Practitioner
Location: Fall River
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SSTAR is recruiting for an exciting position for a Family Nurse
Practitioner to work in our Health Center. This Full-time position
provides primary care within the context of a multidisciplinary
team promoting the overall health and well- being of our patients.
Part time candidates will also be considered. SSTAR has been an
innovator in integrated health, mental health and substance use
disorder practice with a full continuum of services for decades.We
are a designated site for state and federal professional loan
repayment programs.Specific Responsibilities
- Provide primary care in the family medicine model to
individuals in all cycles of life who present at the FHCC.
- Provide primary care in the integrated health care system at
SSTAR, including care teams comprising behavioral health, treatment
of substance use disorders and all other wrap-around services at
- Follows clinical and administrative policies, protocols and
- Follows work-place safety directives.
- Participates in in-patient rounding as directed - Acute
Treatment Services and Clinical Stabilization Services
- Maintains required training and certification, including DEA,
Suboxone treatment, Basic Life Support.
- Documents in the electronic medical record as instructed and
- Reviews initial and follow-up of labs and diagnostic
- Participate in the training of students assigned to the
- Provide health care based on clinical protocols which have been
reviewed and approved annually by the Chief Medical Officer
- Meets regularly with the Chief Medical Officer. Consults with
physicians appropriately and as required.
- Consult and refer to HealthCenter doctors and other doctors as
needed in order to provide optimal care.
- Attend conferences and trainings that reflect clinical
- Other duties as required.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in
- National certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Massachusetts license to practice in the expanded nursing
- Possess or obtain prescription privileges in
- Certified in Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Direct care positions in addiction programs require two years
of continuous sobriety for individuals in recovery.
Benefits:We offer a great benefit package including: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Generous Personal/Vacation/Sick accrual system,
Life Insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, Pet Insurance discount and
Keywords: SSTAR, Fall River , Family Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!