Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Company: T's Restaurant
Posted on: November 22, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Restaurant Assistant General Manager/Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Store Management Operations
REPORTS TO: Restaurant General Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: All team members associated with the
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time position with benefits.
Do you believe that dreams are built on smiles? At T's, we do,
literally! We hire SMILES, cook smiles, and serve smiles. We love
what we do, and we love to share our passion for the art of
breakfast, brunch, and lunch within our community.
Our team is everything to us. Smiling teams equals smiling guest
and that's what T's is all about.
T's Restaurant Group is a growing, family-owned restaurant group
that has been a Rhode Island tradition since 1982. We currently
have 3 locations in Cranston, East Greenwich, and Narragansett.
With a commitment to carefully sourcing local food and products
around the New England area. With an eye on sustainability and a
partnership with family-owned farms and businesses, we support real
food, fresh ingredients, local purveyors and sustainable choices
We are devoted to providing our teams and guests with a culture of
gratitude, respect, safety and belonging. We value life's journey
and believe in sharing in the journey together, celebrating life
one day at a time, one plate at a time.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Assistant Restaurant General Manager (AGM), you are
responsible for assisting the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) in
managing the daily operations of one of our locations. You will
oversee, instruct, and uphold all the companies' values and
philosophies from hospitality and guest service, culinary arts,
safety standards, sales, administrative and financial procedures,
inventory, food ordering, maintenance, and cleanliness of the
facility. You will be coach and inspire your team and the guests
who visit our restaurant.
The Assistant General Manager is an experienced supervisory role
with an ability to confidently lead and support the daily
operations of both back of the house and front of the house
operations, be able to foster teamwork, clearly communicate daily
goals and deliver performance feedback to the Restaurant General
Manager. The AGM must be able to competently perform duties in the
absence of the Restaurant General Manager.
PERKS + BENEFITS
* Performance based quarterly bonuses.
* Medical, Dental, Vision with 401K package coming!
* Generous Paid Time Off Program.
* Day's only work schedule - Be home before dinner!
* Shift meal plan on and off shift.
* Thanksgiving and Christmas Day OFF!
* Ongoing development and growth opportunity
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales
and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and
* Controls cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and
* Ensures that end of day receipts is correct and deposited to the
bank at the end of each shift.
* Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensures
compliance with operational standards, company policies,
federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
* Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food
preparation and service.
* Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant
cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
* Ensures all food is prepared and served according to the
restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and plating
Operational and Safety Responsibilities
* Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect
team members, guests and company assets.
* Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk
of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the
event that a guest or team member is injured.
* Fully understands and complies with all federal, state, county
and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor
requirements of the restaurant, team members and guests.
* Carries out restaurant marketing and promotional activities in
accordance with company goals.
* Manages shifts which includes, but is not limited to: daily
decision making, daily scheduling needs, operational planning,
while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
* Investigates and resolves complaints concerning food quality and
* Fills in where needed to ensures guest service standards and
* Estimates food needs and places orders with distributors.
* Adheres to ServSafe, OSHA and HACCP standards.
* Smile, kind, and inclusive to a
* Ensures that all guests feel welcomed and are given responsive,
friendly and courteous service at all times.
* Focuses on inclusion and belonging for all team members and
* Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to
turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
* Follows the restaurants 5 Commitments and upholds the restaurants
Values and Mission Statement.
* Promotes the T's team spirit of positivity and team centered
approach to the hospitality and culinary experience at all times in
* Creates a culture of fairness and inclusion by following T's
guidelines, job descriptions and training programs and by
maintaining healthy boundaries with team members.
* Provides direction to team members regarding operational and
* Assists with interviews for hourly team members.
* Involved with hiring, supervision, development and, when
necessary, termination of team members.
* Conducts orientation, explains the T's Philosophy, and oversees
training of new team members.
* Assist with development of team members by providing ongoing
feedback, establishing performance expectations, taking corrective
action for violations of protocol, and by conducting performance
* Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has the desire to lead and
overseeing an enthusiastic team of culinary and hospitality
professionals who are dedicated to creating and executing a
memorable dining experience for our guests. This position requires
a strong leader who can work alongside the Restaurant General
Manager. Someone who is capable of oversight, coordination, and
motivation of the entire restaurant's operations. This position is
right for you if you desire to grow into a Restaurant General
Manager down the line.
REQUIRMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
* High School Degree required; college degree preferred
* A minimum of two years restaurant management experience or food
and beverage training to include front-of-the-house operations,
guest service training and kitchen operations.
* Proficient with computers (MS Word, Excel) and Point of Sale
* Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions:
food planning and
* preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies
* personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of
* Required Certification in Food Safety, Serve Safe Alcohol and
First Aid or obtain one within 2 months of hire.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.
* Must agree to background check.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in
the English Language
* Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
* Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
* Strong guest service skills with a passion for hospitality.
* Ability to motivate team members to work as a team to ensure that
food and service
* meet appropriate standards.
* Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously
coordinating a wide
* range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to
* Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse
staff and potential candidates.
* Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving,
and collaboration skills
* Keeps RGM promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e.
problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and
takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests
alternative courses of action.
* Adhere to job responsibilities and performance objectives.
* Maintains a favorable working relationship with all team members
to foster and
* promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will
be conducive to
* maximum team member morale, productivity and
* Expected hours: 50 hours per week. Hours may vary if manager must
fill in for his/her team/manager or if emergencies arise.
* Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
* Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping,
twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and
repetitive hand and wrist motion.
* Work with hot, cold, and various office equipment and answers
T's Restaurant Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to a diverse, inclusive and belonging work
Keywords: T's Restaurant, Fall River , Restaurant Assistant General Manager, Executive , Portsmouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!