Commercial Insurance Department Manager (Potential for Hybrid Work)
Company: HUB International
Location: Fall River
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Join our Stevie Award Winning Team at HUB InternationalWhen you
join the team at HUB International, you become part of the largest
privately owned global insurance broker, providing a broad array of
property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee
benefits, investment and wealth management products and services.
Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial
and fast paced team environment supported by over 14,000
professionals in 500 offices across North America.We help
businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to
their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global
firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry
expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices.
Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique,
regional culture.What You Bring:You will be able to actively
contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by
innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and
a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will
exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate
culture. HUBs entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people,
products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about
our talent.We currently have an opportunity for a Commercial
Insurance Service Manager in our Fall River, Massachusetts office.
The selected employee will be responsible for the administration
and operation of the Commercial Accounts Department in assigned
location, supervising assigned personnel and the direct handling
and servicing of commercial accounts.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the daily operation of the department, by setting
objectives, planning, organizing, and coordinating with other
- Supervise services of the department within the accepted
principles and practices of the insurance community, with primary
responsibility for effective account services and the development
of new and existing accounts.
- Supervise and direct department personnel including training,
motivation, performance appraisal and salary recommendation.
- Responsible for recommending the hiring or dismissal of
personnel within the department.
- Assign accounts and work assignments to department personnel
and provide assistance with the servicing of accounts.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to department
personnel regarding appropriate coverage.
- Coordinate the handling and servicing of accounts with the
- Review and analyze renewal and cancellation trends as related
to EBITA goals and objectives.
- Handle and service assigned commercial accounts of high
- Assist customers and make suggestions for appropriate
- Develop new business from existing accounts and assigned leads
and contribute to meeting departmental production goals.
- Prepare applications for submission to the
Marketing/Underwriting Department regarding new and renewal
- Negotiate with marketing/underwriting personnel regarding the
pricing and coverage of policies.
- Oversee the administrative claims process for accounts assigned
to the department.
- Oversee the collection of premiums due for accounts assigned to
- Oversee and implement a quality control review process to
assure the production of quality work and the provision of
excellent customer service.
- Conduct business in a manner that demonstrates an understanding
of both the business and earnings implications of the Company.
- Keep informed of changes and trends within the industry for the
purpose of anticipating and responding to profit objectives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.QUALIFICATIONS :
- Five years commercial lines insurance experience.
- Experience supervising a commercial accounts team.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and
- Producers license.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills
and ability to work in a team environment
- LI-ARDepartment Account Management & ServiceRequired
Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experienceRequired Travel:
NegligibleRequired Education: High school or equivalentHUB
International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of
race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or
any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws,
rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement
is available here
PolicyE-Verify ProgramWe endeavor to make this website accessible
to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team
toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com.
This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not
use this contact information to inquire about the status of
Keywords: HUB International, Fall River , Commercial Insurance Department Manager (Potential for Hybrid Work), Executive , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!