Mechanic (Fall River,MA)
Location: Fall River
Posted on: February 8, 2019
AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA is seeking a Mechanic to join their team. Primary function includes the maintenance, repair, calibration and improvement of on-site equipment, utilities, facilities and instruments in support of production operations and research and development. Additionally performs mechanical, electrical or metrology support within the maintenance department. Responsibilities:
- Provides troubleshooting, preventive and demand maintenance work on a variety of equipment and systems including centrifuges, compressors, gear boxes, autoclaves, washers, blowers, mixers, reactors, pumps, heat exchangers, piping systems, etc. along with other equipment related to production operations. Additionally, performs preventive maintenance work on plant equipment including air handlers and utility system components.
- May provide development work by performing light machining/fabrication work on machine lathes and milling machines, etc.
- May perform pipefitting, welding, fabrication, building maintenance and/or other work on projects.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways. Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Assists managers and group leadership in planning and leading area activities.
- Maintains quality standards when populating or executing relevant documentation (i.e. WO's, JP's, SOPs, etc.). Ensures that documentation is maintained (e.g., attachments doc forwarded appropriately).Identifies inconsistencies and/or errors in relevant documentation. Independently corrects errors or omissions in relevant documentation. Responsible for timely correction.
- Leads creation of new Job Plans and/or Data Sheets. Identifies opportunities to improve the way we work.
- Wears appropriate PPE. Completes required EH & S training on time. Identifies and submits \"Safety Opportunities\" and \"Near-Misses\". Promotes a safety culture in the workplace by supporting safety related programs (e.g., actively participating in JSAs). Educates peers on existing hazards in the work area.
- Leads safety-related teams (e.g., being an EH&S Activity Coordinator, leading JSAs, etc.). Ensures that peers submit \"Safety Opportunities\" and \"Near-Misses\" when observed.
- Completes training on time. Trained as a certified trainer. Coordinates training for new and existing employees. Provides both positive and constructive development feedback to trainee, managers and group leadership. Actively seeks out continuous learning opportunities and trainings. Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- HVAC & facility knowledge highly preferred
- HS Diploma with 15+ yrs experience [or]
- Relevant Certificate with 7+ yrs experience [or]
- Associates technical degre e with 5+ yrs experience [or]
- BS in Engineering, with 3+ yrs experience Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Associated topics: community, general manager, housing property, lead, luxury, manager iii, resident, senior care, supervise, supervisory
Keywords: AbbVie, Fall River , Mechanic (Fall River,MA), Engineering , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!