Diesel Mechanic - 2nd/3rd Shift - 7.5K Bonus
Company: Republic Services
Location: Fall River
Posted on: January 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:-- With direct supervision from a Lead
Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a
Maintenance Technician B performs repair and maintenance work on
diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not
limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control
systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine
work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering
systems. The Maintenance Technician B may also perform basic tire
work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks.-
Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with
state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day;
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment and your worldPRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:- Maintains a
working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the
following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to
perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on-site
and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the
Company's equipment is returned to operation in a safe and
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they
do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to
change at the discretion of the Company..QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be
performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8
trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver's License.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered
equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an
accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: suspensions & steering; general engine,
transmissions, brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive train, diesel
emissions. Hourly Range: Bonus Plan Details (if applicable):
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Fall River , Diesel Mechanic - 2nd/3rd Shift - 7.5K Bonus, Engineering , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!