Company: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Location: Fall River
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Engineering & Technical Services
Fall River, MA
THE MANAGER OF ENGINEERING IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR LEADING THE COMPANY S
ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT THROUGH THE FORMULATION, ADMINISTRATION AND
EXECUTION OF COMPANY ANNUAL OPERATING PLANS AND BUDGETS CONSISTENT
WITH COMPANY OBJECTIVES, GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND CURRENT
TECHNOLOGY. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THE VISION AND
ABILITY TO MAKE WELL FORMULATED OR IMMEDIATE DECISIONS, WHERE
NECESSARY, RELATED TO ENGINEERING AND DESIGN OF GAS DISTRIBUTION
SYSTEM FACILITIES TO MEET FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATIONS, COMPANY
POLICIES, CUSTOMER NEEDS, SYSTEM RELIABILITY AND SAFETY, GROWTH
DEMANDS AND EFFECTIVELY MANAGE THE COMPANY S DIMP AND GAS SYSTEM
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provides leadership, direction of decisions related to
distribution system modifications, project design, procedures,
system upgrades, replacements, etc., and ensuring all decisions and
design initiatives are in accordance with state and federal codes
and in compliance with Company s Operations & Maintenance Plan.
* Demonstrates ethical, professional conduct at all times; complies
with the Liberty Utilities Code of Ethics and demonstrates a high
standard of safety.
* Provides leadership and direction, including goal setting in the
Distribution System Engineering Department, interacts regularly and
directly with all levels of management, with city and state
representatives including consulting specialists.
* Interacts regularly and directly with city and state
representatives, legal representatives and consultants.
* Oversees the company s distribution mapping system, related
records and data bases, including the distribution system operating
* Provides direction and completes, where necessary, the design of
new main extensions, relocations, replacements, commercial and
industrial service lines and meter sets.
* Supports the Engineering team in the proper and compliant
generation of cost estimates for work orders, permitting,
regulatory reporting requirements, asset documentation and record
* Provides leadership in the management of main replacement project
prioritization for the GSEP program while aligning those priorities
with the company s DIMP Program and related municipal projects.
(NOTE: The GSEP is a 20 year main/service replacement program with
over 10 miles of main planned to be replaced annually).
* Produces reports and budget analyses for supporting the filing of
the GSEP cost recovery submittals to the state regulatory
* Prepare and provide testimony or other related presentations to
support company initiatives including, but not limited to the
company s GSEP program and the Distribution System Integrity
* Supports the review of city and state construction plans to
identify conflicts or improvement opportunities with existing or
planned gas distribution facilities.
* Responsible for making decisions that have a financial impact and
consolidates the annual capital construction budget. .
* Frequently interacts with external customers, vendors, city
engineers, and provides prompt, efficient, courteous service to
both internal and external customers etc.
* Maintains regular attendance in accordance with Company policies;
complies with related Liberty Utilities policies, procedures, and
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Performs other duties and tasks as determined by Liberty
Utilities to be in the best interest of the Company and customers
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Related training, education and experience will be considered.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil
Engineering, or related discipline.
* Requires experience with drafting and GIS software (e.g., CAD,
* 5 Years experience in Gas Distribution System design, engineering
and planning, 10 Years experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge and practical experiences in all types of management
skills as this position requires interaction with all levels of
Company employees and outside constituents.
* Ability to analyze data, design concepts and interpreting the
results to yield varying outcomes that have an ultimate positive
impact on overall Company operations.
* Experience in determining project scope, cost estimations,
scheduling and required specifications.
* Demonstrated knowledge of gas system design, equipment,
construction, operations and industry codes.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to
interact and engage with others.
* Willingness and ability to travel and with such frequency as
necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
* Critical thinking skills; ability to analyze, develop action
plans and solve complex issues.
* Strong project management and presentation skills.
* Ability to work with a high degree of initiative, self direction,
attention to detail,, work under pressure, effectively meet
deadlines and perform duties onsite and offsite.
* Work extended hours, including weekends and holidays as necessary
to meet business goals and needs.
EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY USED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
* Operation of office machinery and other electronic devices.
* Utilization of personal computers, including but not limited to
Microsoft office products.
* Operate company vehicles, must possess a valid driver s
* Utilization and manipulation of GIS systems, e.g. Smallworld,
* Utilization and manipulation of Distribution System Modeling
Software, e.g. GL Noble (Stoner).
Environmental And Atmospheric Conditions Commonly Associated With
The Performance Of The Functions Of This Job.
* Infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
* Exposed to a moderate noise level.
* Typically working within an office environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed
to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge,
diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great
company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to
qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As
part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process
is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance
or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR
Keywords: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp, Fall River , Manager, Engineering, Engineering , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!