Math Special Education Inclusion Teacher - Grade 8 - Kuss Middle School
Location: Fall River
Posted on: January 9, 2022
FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLSFALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTSTITLE:
MATHEMATICS TEACHER - QUALIFICATIONS:
- Appropriate Massachusetts Licensure
- Bachelor's Degree with major or minor in MathematicsREPORTS TO:
School Principal and Department HeadJOB GOAL: To help each pupil
develop competence in basic mathematical skills and an
understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each
pupil to apply mathematical understanding and skills in the
solution of practical problems; to encourage pupils to develop
their special talents in the field of mathematics.PERFORMANCE
- Teaches courses in mathematics to secondary pupils utilizing
course of study adopted by theSchool Committee, and appropriate
curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course
- Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, chalkboard,
overhead projector, and other standard or teacher-prepared
- Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and small
group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each
- Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to
provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Evaluates each pupil's progress in mathematical knowledge and
- Communicates with parents to interpret contemporary methods in
teaching mathematics, and with parents and school counselors to
discuss the individual pupil's progress.
- Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional
staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health,
attitude and learning problems.
- Participates in curriculum and other development programs.
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities such as
mathematics teams, and participates in faculty meetings.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education
activities provided by the School Department and/or in
self-selected professional growth activities.
- All other responsibilities that are listed in the collective
bargaining agreement between the Fall River Educators' Association
and the Fall River School Committee. SALARY AND TERMS OF
EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with the Fall River Educators'
Association contract. Continued employment is contingent on work
performance, program need, and funding. Closing Date for
Applications: As indicated on webpage The Fall River Public Schools
offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
sexual orientation, and disability.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1Job Categories :Classroom Teacher >
Math: GeneralSpecial Education > General Special EducationEqual
Opportunity EmployerFall River Public Schools is committed to
maintaining a work and learning environment free from
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age,
citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic
information or disability, as defined and required by state and
federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against
individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who
participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job Requirements
- No experience requiredContact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River,Massachusetts 02720
- Phone: 508-675-8420
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Fall River , Math Special Education Inclusion Teacher - Grade 8 - Kuss Middle School, Education / Teaching , Fall River, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!