Media Center Specialist, Mid/Senior
Company: THOR Solutions, LLC
Posted on: September 20, 2022
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a mid-to-senior-level Media
Center Specialist to support a program at the Naval Undersea
Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport in Middletown, RI. The
specialist will provide direct support to the NUWCDIVNPT Code 15
Media Center, working closely with Government and contractor
personnel. An ideal candidate will be extremely organized, be
process minded, and have prior Navy/DoD experience with library or
media center operations.
The candidate's responsibilities may include (but are not limited
to) performing or supporting the following actions:
- Provide general customer service functions including answering
phones, emails, and walk-in customer inquiries.
- Ensure physical security measures such as maintaining container
access logs, conducting opening procedures and end-of-day security
checks, and ensure appropriate security credentials via badge
- Utilize the Base Inventory Tracking System (BITS) tool to
provide classified/unclassified research & reference services;
catalog, store, and retrieve inventory data; follow procedures for
circulation services; and develop & submit inventory reports.
- Maintain various trackers and logs including inventory control,
issues and discrepancies, access logs, and plan of action &
milestones (POA&Ms). Provide initial analysis of metrics and
- Provide media duplication, destruction, and transmittal
- Generate & affix barcodes using NMCI Bar Code Scanner
Application Software. Utilize this system to conduct inventorying
- Conduct regular inventory audit and tracking services to
maintain collection integrity and verify positive control.
- Maintain, update, and implement Code 15 Media Center standard
operating procedures. Provide feedback on all Code 15 Media Center
process improvement initiatives, including reporting technical
software or hardware issues and recommendations for
- Coordinate demonstrations on Code 15 Media Center resources
with customers and develop internal demonstrations and training
materials for customers.
- Promote a sense of conscientious custodianship of the Code 15
Media Center and its contents.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must currently possess an active or interim SECRET security
clearance, and maintain it for the duration of employment.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, And Skill Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is highly
- At least three (3) years, and ideally at least five (5) years,
of recent, relevant professional experience with an inventory
control profession such as media center, library, configuration
management, or logistics.
- At least three (3) years of this experience must have been
obtained in a U.S. Navy/DoD environment.
- Prior experience with Base Inventory Tracking System (BITS) or
a similar DoD inventory control, tracking, and reporting database
tool is highly preferred.
- Prior experience working with classified material/media is
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including
Word and Excel, and other common productivity software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and prior experience in a
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, self-prioritize, and proactively problem
solve when non-standard situations arise.
Typical Physical Activity
- This position's essential functions typically include (but are
not limited to): typing, hearing, reaching, talking, and
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for
employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to
obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be
granted to U.S. citizens.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing
Center for Veteran's Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled
Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical
support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies
and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides
innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering,
project and program management, business and financial management,
technical support, integrated logistics support, training support,
fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and
studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the
nation's most complex military, public sector and industry
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not
discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status
as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a
protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection
process, please contact us at
If you would like to view a copy of THOR's affirmative action plan,
Keywords: THOR Solutions, LLC, Fall River , Media Center Specialist, Mid/Senior, Advertising , Middletown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!